Radiology Schools in Delaware
Are you interested in pursuing a radiology job in Delaware? While it might be one of the smaller states, don't let that hold you back from finding the training and education you need to work a radiology or radiology-based job in the state. Use our resources below to start you radiology career path today, and learn about radiology careers such as:
- Radiologic Technologist
- X-ray Technician
- Ultrasound Technician
- MRI Technician
- Nuclear Medicine Tech
- Radiologist (M.D.)
Delaware Schools with Radiology Programs
Below is a one of the schools that offers at least one radiology-related or radiology program in Delaware. To learn more, you can request information directly from the schools to have a representative contact you with information and help answer any questions you might have. Find out about the course offerings, when classes start, online classes, or financial aid options. Get the information you need to get your radiology career started.
- Delaware Technical Community College (Dover)
Also, you can look for other radiology programs using College Navigator from the National Center for Education Statistics, found in our source list.
How to Become a Radiologic Technologist in Delaware
If you want to become a radiologic technologist, some postsecondary education is required, as well as a state license. If you're hoping to become a radiologic technologist in Delaware, there's a few steps to take to get started:
1. Earn a high school diploma. This is often the first step for a health care-related job. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) recommends that students take classes in math and science, such as trig, stats, chemistry, anatomy, biology, physiology, and physics.
2. Earn an associate degree. The Associate of Applied Science degree is common among radiologic technologists, and you should make sure your program has been accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
3. Get licensed or certified in Delaware. Search using our resources for more details on requirements, or check out the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) to learn how to earn a certification.
It might also help to get in touch with someone who already works in radiology for firsthand feedback about the career in Delaware.
Radiology Salary in Delaware
Careers in radiology are diverse, and as can be expected, compensation for radiology jobs can vary from state to state. Here's what salary radiology workers can expect, according to the BLS.
|Career||Total Employment||Annual Mean Wage|
|Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians||350||56,170|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||150||71,910|
|Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists||150||71,250|
|Nuclear Medicine Technologists||80||77,120|
Additional Delaware Radiology Resources
Delaware Radiological Society
1001 South Bradford Street, Suite 9
Dover, Delaware 19904
Phone: (302) 744-9267
Fax: (302) 744.9287
Delaware Radiology License Information
Radiologic Technology Licensure Program
Jesse Cooper Building
417 Federal St.
Dover, Delaware 19901
(302) 744-4546 or (800) 464-4357
1. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, http://www.bls.gov/, accessed July 29, 2016
2. College Navigator, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/, accessed July 29, 2016
3. The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, https://www.arrt.org/, accessed July 29, 2016